Australian Opals from Planet Opal
my birthstone and my personality
Lavender and Wrath’s Giveaway
- Must be following Wrath-Fire-Ice.
- Reblogs and Likes count. Please try not to spam, only one entry per tumblr will be counted.
- Ends on May 23, 2014.
- No shipping requirements.
- Must be 16 or older.
- Winner will be selected by random number generator.
- I will require the email address of the winner.
- If the winner does not respond within 24 hrs of the winner being announced a new one will be selected.
- First Place: A $50 dollar gift card to Etsy
- Second Place: A $25 dollar gift card to Etsy
Pretty simple, right? This way the winners get what they want, instead of random crud from me. I’d rather help someone get some cool Etsy stuff and support those fine sellers out there. Enjoy and good luck!
Special Note: If this gets over a thousand notes I will add to the prizes, some of my original art and poetry.
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Um, yes. I will be doing this.
I don’t wear plus size but signal boost!
This. I can’t imagine not being able to buy super cheap f21/hm/sammydress/aliexpress stuff :/ there’s usually only one size or two sizes.
i’m a good cat mom
My friend told me that when boys get boners they pull it up and strap it down with their waistband and their head sticks out and they have to cover it with their shirt and it’s like what would happen if at that moment ur shirt snagged on a nail or someone lifted it up if have a lil friend just stickin it’s head up where it don’t belong like five more weeks of winter bitch
Page 1 of 531